Tuesday, February 13, 2024

The Government Knows You

 It absolutely blows my mind how there is so much information about each and everyone one of us that can be accessed to the government due to the amount of cameras, cookies, social media, etc.. I never really think about it, but it is crazy that the government knows how I tend to act based on the decisions I make through digital interactions and social interactions. 

It is not something that bothers me because in a weird way it keeps me honest to myself to be the best version of myself because I don't want to become a public figure one day and get black mailed for the benefits of others. However, I do find it creepy. 

I think all these "tools" can truly be "tools" for the betterment of our country, but the problem is that there is just way to much power within the system that can benefit the government with an unbelievable amount of money. Think about the advertising possibilities. If they know what decisions you are prone to making at a specific time then why would they keep it solely for criminal justice?


 I found it super interesting that the telephone was created first for surveillance, then secondary for communication. Our conversations with our loved ones can be easily accessed through wire tapping that can be accessed to the government. The surveillance system can be hacked to either our government, a different government, or a hacker. However, there is encryption tools which allows unauthorized access to digital information to be prevented. 

This is a great way to prevent people from invading our private property. The problem is that crime activities that take place over the phone can do this same thing, and now the people that are left having their phones monitored are the people who are unaware of knowing how to do this. 

You would think the people that know how to do this the best are the criminal that are trying to hide things from the government, which leads to many citizens getting their information exposed for the betterment of other people and organizations. It is a twisted system.

https://www.ted.com/talks/christopher_soghoian_how_to_avoid_surveillance_with_the_phone_in_your_pocket?language=en

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relationship with technology

 My relationship with technology is ok, but I wish I took advantage of the opportunities that technology can give. Technology governed by a ...