Monday, January 22, 2024

Blog Post #2

 I enjoyed watching this video that goes in depth about the Supreme Court. I found it quite fascinating that it is the most powerful Judicial branch on the earth. I liked how Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes said "we are quiet, but it is the quiet of a storm center". This job must be taken with serious honor realizing the responsibility that is at hand.  Their power rests on public faith, and I think it is so awesome that they have the responsibility to uphold the rule of law. It is a very big responsibility to be apart of the supreme court. I really like how we learn how there have been over 100 Supreme Court justices, and each one of them is just as human as all of us. They are not a book of laws, they are simply people that have studied and know the laws, they are interpreters. It is so neat to see that at the end of the day, these justices are refereeing to a document that was created over 200 years ago. Our founding fathers created something that has kept this nation the best nation of all time. Sure, we have our issues, but we cannot look past all the good that has come from it. 

It blows my mind how thousands of petitions arrive to the supreme court every year. The supreme court interrupts a 200 year old constitution. They deal with human dilemmas. Each justice sever an average of 16 years, where most of them "sit on the bench" twice that long. As a sports player, I get antsy being on the bench a couple of minutes, I cannot imagine not being in action for nearly 32 years. I would imagine they grow to become extremely patient. These Supreme Court justices are extremely important for our nation and we should never take them for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relationship with technology

 My relationship with technology is ok, but I wish I took advantage of the opportunities that technology can give. Technology governed by a ...